Tuesday 18 April 2017

My 9-year-old sold the Big Issue and revealed the truth of Brexit Britain - iNews

I was in the market town of Shrewsbury with my 9 year old on a recent Saturday. We stopped to buy The Big Issue and chat with Samaria, who is Romanian and has been in the UK for three years.

Despite the pouring rain and pregnancy-induced back ache, Samaria hadn’t sat down or eaten all day. We got her some lunch but she refused to rest because she had only sold enough to cover her transport costs. With two hungry children at home, she was resolute. What followed next was the proudest moment of my life. My son said, “Don’t worry, I’ll sell while you eat!” But my pride gave way to dismay...

Read on: My 9-year-old sold the Big Issue and revealed the truth of Brexit Britain - The i newspaper online iNews

No comments: